Running back is the most important position in most fantasy leagues and as such, a very important one for keeper leagues. Here's an overview of the top 10 backs heading into next season.
1. LaDanian Tomlinson, San Diego. He's had some sub-par games this season, but should be back on top next season.
2. Edgerrin James, Indianapolis. They'll find a way to re-sign him.
3. Shaun Alexander, Seattle. History shows that when guys have huge seasons, they usually fall back a little the next season. A little, not much.
4. Larry Johnson, Kansas City. His number this season are just a taste of what he can do in a full season. Even if Priest Holmes comes back, he'll likely be a third-down back.
5. Cadilliac Williams, Tampa Bay. Young and only getting better.
6. Ronnie Brown, Miami. See Cadillac above.
7. Willis McGahee, Buffalo. Losman should be better next season, which will help his effectiveness.
8. Steven Jackson, St. Louis. The new coach will center the offense around him.
9. Lamont Jordan, Oakland. They'll retool the offense next season to help him out.
10. Rudi Johnson, Cincinnati. Plays is a great offense where he gets to run against a lot of nickel and dime defenses.